MY guest today is Erin Kiernan. She might be most well known for her extensive career as our local news anchor. But she is more than a News Anchor. In a recent bio she said the following…I’m a mom, a wife, a daughter, a birth mom, a friend. I’m an adoption advocate, and an infertility survivor. I’m a TV anchor and a fitness instructor. I am a mightily flawed, middle-aged woman who is tired of chasing perfect. I’m just trying to be the best me I can be.
In this episode we dive into:
- Giving her first born up for adoption
- How she convinced herself she was not defined by the outcome
- How did this event shape her into who she is today
- Her background in television
- The hardest thing and best thing about being in tv tv
- Snarky messages
- Advice for Moms who are fearful of their past and their future
"Expectation lessens gratitude"
"pretty is as pretty does"
"you are fearfully and wonderfully made"