My guest today is Dr. Tim Jordan. He is the leading expert on parenting girls and helping them navigate through their normal developmental transformations, allowing them to emerge as strong, happy and fulfilled women. A Developmental and Behavioral pediatrician, International Speaker and Author, Dr. Tim demystifies the behavior of tween and adolescent girls to help parents build closer relationships with their daughters based on trust and understanding rather than parent out of fear. He has more than 30 years experience working with girls of all ages through his private counseling practice, support groups, his summer camp and his Strong Girls, Strong World school programs. Dr. Tim trained with the renowned Dr. T. Berry Brazelton at Harvard Medical School, where he developed his proven methods. He also serves as an adjunct professor at Webster University in St. Louis and as a local and national media consultant.
Dr. Tim and his wife, Anne, have raised three children, Kelly, TJ and John, which they consider their most important work.
In this episode we dive into the following items...
- How to teach your girls to do the right thing when no one is looking
- How to make sure they love you and can feel your love
- How do you teach your girls the value of NO be it their parents telling them no OR them personally saying NO later in life with conviction
- What it means to miss the forest for the trees
- Body Image
- How can we help create daughters with strong, positive body images
- How can we help them through the times where girls say or do crazy things on social media
- What do we as parents need to know about social media?
- Helicopter parents
- How we can step back and let and let them figure things out, overcome challenges and take risks in an effective way
- What efforts can be made to ultimately raise, strong, happy, and fearless daughters
Find more out about Tim and get all his resources at... www.drtimjordan.com