Hello Catch This Mama readers. I am so excited for you to join me as we dive into books each month that will move us closer to owning our mom life. If you are like me, we don't take a lot of time for ourselves. Because of this, we fail to continue to grow and learn as individuals. This bookclub will help keep us accountable in making time for ourselves while simultaneously growing our intellect. We will cover 6 books a year. So, it is completely do-able to read 1/2 a book each month! We will be reading a few bonus books throughout the year as our time allows and will give notice when we plan to launch those extra goodies! BUT, THERE IS MORE!
If you are like me, you yearn to read but undoubtedly something comes up and you don't always get the time you needed to read the book. Well, no problem. At the end of each month we will have a forum as well as an MP3 podcast episode delivered to your email summarizing the book's biggest points. It's like Cliff Notes on steroids. :)
- October and November - No Drama Discipline: The Whole Brain Way To Calm The Chaos And Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind - By Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. and Tina Payne Bryson, PH.D.
- December and January - Grace Not Perfection: Embracing Simplicity, Celebrating Joy - By Emily Ley
- February and March - Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids - By Kim John Payne, M.ED., with Lisa M. Ross
- April and May - Chasing Slow: Courage To Journey Off The Beaten Path - By: Erin Loechner
- June and July - You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life- By: Jen Sincero
- August and September -Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living - By: Shauna Niequist
- Bonus Books -(These are options that we may add into the rotation if time allows in our personal reading schedule) Succulent Sex Craft, Hands Free Mama, The Miracle Morning For Parents and Families, Smart Money Smart Kids, No More Perfect Moms
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I sign up for the bookclub?
1. Email Danie at email@example.com and say you'd like to sign up.
2. Subscribe at the top of this page where you see the "subscribe button" or by clicking HERE!
What do I get with this book club? - Each month you will get 1 MP3 recorded episode, summarizing the books main points. You will also receive a newsletter with discussion questions and information each month. You will get to be part of an exclusive group that will discuss the book in an online forum at the end of each month,
How much does this cost and what do the proceeds go to? This bookclub is $3.95/month and the proceeds will help cover the costs associated with the FREE Catch This Mama podcast, blog and movement. You can cancel at any time by emailing us and unsubscribing. However, all purchases are non-refundable. We are truly thankful for your support in this endeavor. We are continuously researching and putting out the best information possible to help make each Mama's life a bit easier.
When will all the goods be sent out? On the first day of the month, an email will go out with all of the discussion questions for the 1/2 of the book we are addressing. On the last day/evening of every month a newsletter will be distributed, recapping the book and giving you a time for when we will be chatting it up on a forum in our bookclub closed group. You will also receive the recorded MP3, summarized book points and episode discussion at the end of each month.
What If I am I not interested in reading the book that is chosen for this month? Or, what if I've read this book already? I encourage you to give it a try anyways. If you read the book, I encourage you to go back through and work out the discussion questions. Reading items you may not have otherwise chosen, could open your eyes to a new perspective. With that, there will not be any refunds given if you choose to not read that book. You can hop on the next month's reading list or join in on a bonus book for the year.