Hello Catch This Mama readers. I am so excited for you to join me as we dive into books each month that will move us closer to owning our mom life. If you are like me, we don't take a lot of time for ourselves. Because of this, we fail to continue to grow and learn as individuals. This bookclub will help keep us accountable in making time for ourselves while simultaneously growing our intellect. We will cover 6 books a year. So, it is completely do-able to read 1/2 a book each month! We will be reading a few bonus books throughout the year as our time allows and will give notice when we plan to launch those extra goodies! BUT, THERE IS MORE!
If you are like me, you yearn to read but undoubtedly something comes up and you don't always get the time you needed to read the book. Well, no problem. At the end of each month Catch This Mama will do a book club recap over the books!
Reading Schedule Fall 2018 - Fall 2019
- October and November - Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are so You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be - By: Rachel Hollis
- December - The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts - By: Gary Chapman
- January - The 5 Love Languages of Children: The Secret To Loving Children Effectively
- February and March - Boundaries with Kids: When to Say Yes, When to Say No, to Help Your Children Gain Control of Their Lives By: Henry Cloud
- April and May - Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead - By: Brene Brown
- June and July - The Power of Now - A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment By: Eckhart Tolle
- August and September - Smart Money Smart Kids: Raising the Next Generation to Win with Money By: Rachel Cruz
- Bonus Books -(These are options that we may add into the rotation if time allows in our personal reading schedule) Parenting With Love and Logic, Getting Back to Happy: Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Reality, and Turn Your Trials into Triumphs , Wild and Free: A Hope-Filled Anthem for the Woman Who Feels She is Both Too Much and Never Enough , How To Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk , Everything Happens For A Reason: And Other Lies I've Loved
- Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I sign up for the bookclub?
1. Email Danie at firstname.lastname@example.org and say you'd like to sign up.
What do I get with this book club? - Each month you will get 1 MP3 recorded episode, summarizing the books main points. You will also receive a newsletter with discussion questions and information each month. You will get to be part of an exclusive group that will discuss the book in an online forum at the end of each month,
When will all the goods be sent out? On the first day of the month, an email will go out with all of the discussion questions for the 1/2 of the book we are addressing. On the last day/evening of every month a newsletter will be distributed, recapping the book and giving you a time for when we will be chatting it up on a forum in our bookclub closed group. You will also receive the recorded MP3, summarized book points and episode discussion at the end of each month.
What If I am I not interested in reading the book that is chosen for this month? Or, what if I've read this book already? I encourage you to give it a try anyways. If you read the book, I encourage you to go back through and work out the discussion questions. Reading items you may not have otherwise chosen, could open your eyes to a new perspective. With that, there will not be any refunds given if you choose to not read that book. You can hop on the next month's reading list or join in on a bonus book for the year.